Wilhelm advances in pitch, hit, run
On Saturday, May 18, the local winners from Bandera's Pitch, Hit and Run competition competed at the Sectional level in Austin.
• In the girls 9/10 year old division, Abigail Bower finished 4th overall with 543 total points.
• In the girls 11/12 year old division, Penelope Garcia was the overall winner with 670 total points.
• In the girls 13/14 year old division, Amber Watson finished 2nd with 509 points and Maddison Wilhelm was the overall winner with 624 points.
• In the boys 7/8 year old division, Gabriel Bower scored 237 points.
• In the boys 9/10 year old division, Jacob Haas scored 412 points.
• In the boys 11/12 year old division, Gunnar Brown finished 10th with 687 points and Dimitri Garcia finished 3rd with 888 points.
• In the boys 13/14 year old division, Chisom Magee finished 9th with 755 points and Casey Harp was 7th with 900 points.
Overall winners for their age category, Penelope Garcia and Maddison Wilhelm were eligible to move on to the "Team" competition if their overall score was high enough when compared to other Sectional winners. Just recently, it was determined that Maddison Wilhelm's score was high enough to move her into the next round at a Houston Astros game. Maddison will be competing on June 15 at Minute Maid Park in Houston prior to an Astros/White Sox game.
"All of the young men and women represented Bandera well at the Sectional competition," said spokesman John Milner, "and good luck to Maddison as she attempts to advance to the national level at the Major League Baseball All-Star Game in New York in July."
Pictured: Maddison Wilhelm will compete in the next level of the Pitch, Hit and Run competition.