Headline News
Go Back
2014-02-20

Fire damages restaurant

By Carolyn B. Edwards BCC Staff Writer

A mid-afternoon fire in the Aguas Calientes restaurant in the Bandera Village strip mall shopping center sent one man to the hospital and caused $30,000- $50,000 in estimated damages.
According to County Fire Marshal John Stith, the call came in from another business in the mall which reported smelling smoke.
Stith, who completed only a preliminary investigation before turning it over to the city, said the fire appeared to have started in the area of the water heater.
City Marshal Charlie Hicks was transported to the hospital after suffering from smoke inhalation which occurred when he re-entered the burning building, thinking someone might still be inside.
In addition to Bandera VFD firefighters, the Pipe Creek VFD was called in to assist.
The fire occurred Thursday, Feb. 13.