- Law West and East of Privilege Creek, -
By Judith Pannebaker BCC Editor
Quote of the Week: "When you get a certified letter from the IRS, you know it's not about a refund." A nice lady whose appointment was before mine at a local nail salon.
Monday, Jan. 27:
• A felony warrant from an outside agency put the kibosh on the good times of a Bodacious Bandera Babe, who's apparently still a guest of the Doo Drop In for her trouble.
• A Bandera Boozer got caught tippling and merrily motoring for an ostensible first time.
Tuesday, Jan. 28:
• Okay, this HAS to be some kind of record. Apparently a Master Criminal from the Lake District got caught purportedly passing 17 bad checks. For the record, he bonded out the next day.
• A Fool From Fredericksburg, arrested for a felony third DWI, remains under lock & key at the local Big House.
Wednesday, Jan. 29:
• In a homegrown version of "The Pink Panther," a local yokel attempted to feloniously burgle a habitat but failed miserably and spent a couple of nights in the slammer for his trouble.
• An auslander from Charlotte - North Carolina, I presume - was not only being dogged by three outstanding warrants from an outside agency, but he also failed to identify himself when asked nicely by John Law.
• Oh, no, a Lakehills Lassie got popped for interfering with the duties of a public servant.
Thursday, Jan. 30:
• Now comes yet another Bandera Blockhead who was just too busy to obtain a driver's license, but that didn't stop him from traveling the highways and byways of the Hill Country, a deputy sheriff did.
• After what could probably be described as just a "minor altercation," a heretofore seemingly well-bred Lady from Lakehills was charged with misdemeanor assault with bodily injury.
Friday, Jan. 31:
• While the above's Banderan counterpart found herself tossed in the hoosegow for misdemeanor assault by threat.
• And a 17-year-old Boob from Bandera ostensibly conducted himself in a disorderly manner.
• This has got to be another kind of record. A pair of 71-year-old and 56-year-old Lakehill Lushes were stopped separately on the same night and charged with their first DWIs.
• Another Friday nite in Bantucky and another arrest on a misdemeanor warrant from an outside agency.
Sunday, Feb. 2:
• An 18-year-old over-achieving Boobette from Bandera was sent to the slammer on account of two misdemeanor traffic warrants, felony possession of a controlled substance in a correctional facility and for being one toke over the line, as well.
• A Bandera Bandito celebrated the Sabbath and Groundhog Day by receiving a second DWI.
A Kerr-vert was picked up for being Pickled in Public.
• And, to complete the week's arrests, someone from here is in hot water for ignoring the kind suggestions of a previous court - a warrant was issued!