Important info for purchasers of vehicles
According to Tax Assessor-Collector Gwenda Tschirhart, effective on Sept. 1, 2013, when a buyer purchases a vehicle and titles it in Texas, the purchaser(s) must show proper photo identification to obtain a title and registration, in their legal name.
Several types of IDs will be accepted, including:
• Driver's license or state identification certificate issued by a state or territory of the United States
• United States or foreign passport
• United States military ID card
• US Department of Homeland Security identification document
• US Citizenship and Immigration Services identification document
• US Department of State identification document
• North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) identification
• Identification issued under a Status of Forces Agreement.
The ID must be current - not to exceed 12 months past the expiration - and contain a photo, have a unique ID number and have an expiration date.
The purchaser's legal name should be the name listed on the photo identification ID.
If the legal name is too long for the RTS input field, clerks will type in the full last name; first name; suffix, such as Jr., Sr. and II; and as much of the middle name and maiden name that can be entered.
For questions, call the Bandera County Tax Office at 830-796-3731