ABK still needs volunteers
The Albert and Bessie Kronkonsky State Natural Area on State Highway 46 in Pipe Creek continues to welcome volunteers. Folks are needed for a variety of activities.
Cedar cutting will be held every Friday in October beginning at 8:30 am, weather permitting.
James Rice, park superintendent, is now looking for team leaders for cedar cutting, simple fence and water gap repair, stream bed walking, ad vegetation surveys.
If you want to participate in these activities and have not yet volunteered with Texas Parks and Wildlife and ABK, follow the instructions below to get the ball rolling.
• Go to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Volunteer Page at https://ec.volunteernow.com/custom/1353/
• Complete and submit the TPWD application at that site.
• After completing the volunteer form and submitting it, click the Search Opportunities link on the same page.
• Enter Albert in keyword search and select Albert and Bessie Kronkonsky State Natural Area.
• Complete and submit the ABK application.
• Wait for confirming emails from TPWD and ABK Park Superintendent.
If you receive no response from ABK within a week or so, contact James Rice, Park Superintendent at email@example.com