Top Chef at Lakehills Library tonight
By Dianna Landes Director, LH Library
On Thursday, August 15, at 6:30 pm we will have a Young Adult night. Kids from fifth through 12th grade can come in and find out who is our Top Chef.
All ingredients will be supplied and teams of two will have to make the best dish possible in 30 minutes with what they are provided. Prizes will be given to the top three teams.
• On Monday August 19, County Commissioner Bob Grimes will be at Lakehills Library to have a "Town Hall" meeting for Precinct One, starting at 6:30 pm until 8 pm.
• We are still looking for people to join a Monday evening book club to meet once a month. Call the library and let us know if you are interested.
• If you have not downloaded the Overdrive app to your Nook or Kindle yet, do so immediately and reap the benefits of having a library card at Lakehills Library. Use your card to log into your account on our website and go to the Overdrive portal at the bottom of the page. From there you can borrow, reserve and bookmark titles. You have over 3,600 books, audiobooks or videos to choose from. New titles are added daily.
• Story time will continue on Wednesdays at 10:30 am. Bring your preschooler, toddler, or homeschool student and enjoy some reading time, learn library etiquette and all about how libraries work.
• Lakehills Library welcomes volunteers. We need people that can come in and work behind the counter for two hours once a week, or anyone that can offer some time to help us keep the library in good order or to do any other thing they care to bring to the community through our library. Please call or come by and let us know what skill you have that you would like to use for us. Our library wouldn't be able to keep the doors open without our volunteers and all the donations from the community.