Headline News
Go Back
2013-05-23

No fire at CVS

Photo by Carolyn B. Edwards



Law enforcement and emergency vehicles rapidly converged on CVS Pharmacy Wednesday, May 15, around noon after dispatch received a call reporting smoke coming from the ventilation system. According to County Fire Marshal John Stith, an electric motor on the roof had apparently overheated. Officers evacuated customers while Bandera VFD fire fighters checked the attic and found it clear. The hot motor was soon discovered when fire fighters climbed up on the roof. The motor was safely disconnected.