‘It’s a matter of manure’ conference set
The Texas Animal Manure Management Issues (TAMMI) Conference will be held Tuesday and Wednesday, Sept. 29 and 30, at the Austin Marriott North in Round Rock.
The TAMMI Conference provides education and information on proper animal manure management for environmental protection and a thriving animal industry in Texas.
Early registration is $75; deadline is Saturday, August 1. After that date, registration is $125. To register, visit http://grovesite.com/page.asp?o=tamu&s=TAMMI&p=353399.
The two-day program will include information on federal and state rules and policies affecting livestock and poultry manure management, regulatory and engineering ethics training and latest research on the following specific topics related to manure and mortality management issues will be provided.
Other topics include:
• Manure Nutrient Balances and Flows;
• Manure Management and Water Quality;
• Manure Management and Air Quality;
• Disposal of Catastrophic Animal Mortality - Lessons from Hurricane Ike;
• Advanced Manure Conversion:Bioenergy and Value-added Products; and
• AFO Siting Considerations and Performance of Manure-Management Systems
This conference will aid livestock and poultry producers, engineers and consultants, certified crop advisors, technical service providers, regulators involved in permitting CAFOs or in the review of nutrient plans, agricultural business personnel, state agencies dealing with livestock and poultry industry, scientists and researchers and entrepreneurs and manure management/value added technology providers.