BEC offers direct line for outages & payments
In an effort to provide better quality call volume handling and member security, Bandera Electric Cooperative now has a direct line for automated outage reporting and payments. The Co-op asks that you begin calling 855-4BEC-NOW for all Outages and Payments.
This new line is intuitive, which will help make the outage reporting and payment process more convenient and efficient. The importance of keeping member information updated is key, as the system is able to recognize the member's account by the phone number in which the call was made.
BEC found several reasons to provide this service, including:
• The new phone number allows for higher call volume than the existing office line, so more members can get the help they need.
• Outages will be reported more efficiently, which will allow for quicker dispatch of crews.
• Members can be assured that the new number is a safe and a more secure way to pay.
• It provides around-the-clock service. Members can receive the outage and payment services they need regardless the day or the hour.
• The automated system allows for members to be helped immediately without being placed in a holding system for an available representative-this means members do not experience wait times.
• Members can pay multiple accounts at one time by following prompts in the system.
The outage and payment line 855-4BEC-NOW (855-423-2669) is now available and BEC encourages members to begin calling that line for those services.
For all other calls, please call 866-BANDERA (866-226-3372).