First call for Bandera County Relay for Life
It's time once again to join together as a community, raise funds and have a great time stomping out cancer. The American Cancer Society's 2014 Bandera County Relay For Life will take place from 7:30 pm to 2 am, on May 17 and 18 at the Bandera High School.
This will be Bandera's "Decade Relay," celebrating the 10 years that this community has raised funds to put a stop to cancer. Throughout the last decade, the Relay for Life goals could not have been reached if not for the many people who give time and funds to help facilitate this major event.
As in the previous year, the event will start at 7:30 pm and end at 2 am. There will be no overnighter again this year. However, there will be games for all ages, good food, local bands and special ceremonies.
While moments may be spent sharing tears and laughter with others while reminiscing about departed friends and loved ones, the Relay for Life also serves as a community event, enabling Bandera to stand up to cancer.
Everyone is urged to help Bandera County "Stomp Out Cancer" by joining a team or even starting one. Event planners are also soliciting sponsors and volunteers help make this a successful event. Everyone can help in some way. To volunteer for the event or start a team for the Relay For Life Bandera County, contact an organizer listed below:
• Chairman Lisa Warden, 830-634-2507 or 830-460-1942
• Co-Chairman Peggy Richards, 830-688-0045
• Online Chairman Monica Wilson, 210-386-1756
• Sponsorship Chairman Barbara Story, 210-887-6594 - donation checks may be send to Story at 598 W. Pipe Creek Drive, Pipe Creek 78063
• Team Chairman Jan Serene, 830-510-4284 or firstname.lastname@example.org - those interested in heading up their own team or participating on a team are asked to contact Serene.
Donations are accepted at www.RelayForLife.org/BanderaTx.
Upcoming important dates include:
• Saturday, Feb. 22, 11th Street Cowboy Mardi Gras Parade - the Relay community will be passing out information and throwing purple beads along the parade route.
• Tuesday, Feb. 25, Brick's River Café - Relay For Life Committee will be waiting on tables for tips. Everyone is urged to turnout from 5 pm to 9 pm for what is sure to be an eventful evening.