Calendar of Events
• Bandera County Commissioners Court, 2nd & 4th Thurs, 10 am. 830-796-3781.
• Bandera City Council, 1st & 3rd Thurs, 6 pm. 830-460-7170.
• Bandera County River Authority and Groundwater District meets quarterly at 7 pm. Dates to be announced. 830-796-7260.
• Bandera ISD, 2nd Monday of the month. at 6:30 pm. 830-796-3313.
• Medina ISD, every 2nd Mon, 7 pm in the administration building. 830-589-2855.
• Utopia ISD, every 2nd Mon, 7:30 pm in the conference room. 830-966-3339.
• MS Support Group, every 1st Monday, 6:30 pm, Lakehills Civic Center.
• AA meetings - every night @ 8 pm and each Tue, Thurs & Sat @ noon. Behind Christ Community Church at corner of Hackberry & 14th Sts in Bandera
• Bingo 1st & 3rd Tue of each month, LH American Legion Post 410 on PR 37.
• Boy Scout Troop 146; 7 pm at the Bandera United Methodist Church.
• Boy Scout Troop 144, meets every Tue 7 pm, Pipe Creek Presbyterian Church.
• Meditation & Book study group led by Debby Gibson every Tue, 10 am at Bandera County Library, 515 Main St. 830-460-1271.
• Obesity Support Group, every 2nd Tue, 6 pm, Bandera Library meeting room. For people who have had, or are contemplating, weight loss surgery.
• Book Club, 2nd Tue at 3 pm at the Medina Community Library, 589-2825.
• Bandera County Artists Association meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 1 pm at the Silver Sage Corral Senior Activities Center.
• Bingo each Wed. at Bandera American Legion Post 157 on 12th St.
• Quilt Guild, third Wednesday, Silver Sage Corral, 803 Buck Creek Blvd, at 10 am..
• Bandera County Kiwanis meets at the China Bowl, 1203 Pecan, 2nd and 4th Thursdays of every month, noon.
• Mary Jo Schaffer, Bandera County veterans' service officer, will meet with veterans from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, the last Thursday of each month at the Lakehills Annex on FM 1283. Call 830-460-1643, for appt.
• Pipe Creek VFD bingo at the firehouse on FM 1283, every Friday Doors open at 6 pm, bingo starts at 7 pm.
• Overcomers Recovery Group meets 7 pm-8 pm, every Friday at Living Springs Assembly of God, 151 Purple Sage Rd.
• Classic car and motorcycle show; at Fatboys Sandwich Shop, SH 16 S.; 5 pm.
• Knights of Columbus Fish Fry; 5 pm until sold out; St. Joseph's Hall, Cedar and 7th St., Bandera; Plates are $8; dine in or take out.
• Open Community Jam, Medina Community Center, free, 6 pm.
• Farmer's Market in Medina, 9 am; Locally grown fruits and vegetables, free range eggs, jams, jellies, salsas, plants, and other local products for sale. 830-796-8337.
• Bandera Farmer's Market, in front of Sid's Barbecue on Main Street. 8.-11 am.
• Cowboys on Main - features Western Cowboy Exhibit in front of Courthouse and entertainers strolling Main Street. 1 to 4 pm. Sponsored by the Frontier Times Museum's Living History Project. No Fee.
• The New Twin Elm Rodeo, 8 pm, every Saturday except Memorial Weekend, 810 FM 470, Bandera; 210-290-5094.
• Flying L Ranch Chuck Wagon Dinner, 5:30 - 7:30 pm; BBQ, Wagon Rides, Roping Lessons, and more. Every Saturday through Labor Day; 800-292-5134.
• Bandera Market Day on Courthouse Square. Artists and craftsmen presenting original works and farmers selling produce, canned goods and baked goods. Non-profit organizations also have booths. 830-796-4447.
• Book Sale, first Saturday of every month - Bandera County Public Library, 505 Main St. 9:30 am - 1:30 pm.
• Lakehills Area Library book sale, 10 am.
• The Bandera County Democratic Club meets the second Saturday of every month from 11:30 am until 2 pm at the Bandera Electric Coop. Join us for a potluck lunch and interesting speakers.
• American Legion Auxiliary Bargain Day; 9-4; rent a table, $8; Call Phyllis at 210-897-1231 to reserve your table; Legion Post 157, Bandera.
• Classic car and motorcycle show; hosted by Texas Street Customs; on their lot next to Sonic on Main Street; 2-5 pm.
Friday - Sunday, May 24-26
• Memorial Day weekend events include Funtier Days Arts & Crafts Show on the Courthouse Square. For vendor information call 830-796-4447 or download the application from the Chamber's website www.banderatx.com. RAM PRCA 30th Annual Pro Rodeo, 8 pm, Mansfield Park Arena, Adults $12; Children 6-12, $6; under 6 free, sponsored by Cowboy Capital Rodeo Association, 830-796-7207. And the 6th Annual "Get Your Cook-On" BBQ Cook-off, 9-5 Saturday only; at Mansfield Park RV park; LSBS sanctioned BBQ competition for brisket, beans, ribs, chicken & bloody marys, sponsored by the Cowboy Capital Rodeo Association. Entry forms available on their website www.banderarodeo.com, 830-688-9594.
Saturday, May 25-26
• Bandera Regulars 52nd Memorial Day Trail Ride; Twin Elm Guest Ranch. Check in at 4 pm Friday. 512-470-0113, or www.banderaregulars.org.
Saturday, May 25
• Funtier Days Parade, 11 am, down Main Street -- one of the most colorful parades of the year! Sponsored by the Bandera County Chamber of Commerce. Parade applications available on the Chamber's website, or call 830-796-3280.