Calendar of Events
• Bandera County Commissioners Court, 2nd & 4th Thurs, 10 am. 830-796-3781.
• Bandera City Council, 1st & 3rd Thurs, 6 pm. 830-460-7170.
• Bandera County River Authority and Groundwater District meets quarterly at 7 pm. Dates to be announced. 830-796-7260.
• Bandera ISD, 2nd Monday of the month. at 6:30 pm. 830-796-3313.
• Medina ISD, every 2nd Mon, 7 pm in the administration building. 830-589-2855.
• Utopia ISD, every 2nd Mon, 7:30 pm in the conference room. 830-966-3339.
• MS Support Group, every 1st Monday, 6:30 pm, Lakehills Civic Center.
• AA meetings - every night @ 8 pm and each Tue, Thurs & Sat @ noon. Behind Christ Community Church at corner of Hackberry & 14th Sts in Bandera
• The Bandera County Democratic Club meets the second Saturday of every month from 11:30 am until 2 pm at the Silver Sage Corral. Join us for a potluck lunch and interesting speakers.
• Bingo 1st & 3rd Tue of each month, LH American Legion Post 410 on PR 37.
• Boy Scout Troop 146; 7 pm at the Bandera United Methodist Church.
• Boy Scout Troop 144, meets every Tue 7 pm, Pipe Creek Presbyterian Church.
• Meditation & Book study group led by Debby Gibson every Tue, 10 am at Bandera County Library, 515 Main St. 830-460-1271.
• Obesity Support Group, every 2nd Tue, 6 pm, Bandera Library meeting room. For people who have had, or are contemplating, weight loss surgery.
• Book Club, 2nd Tue at 3 pm at the Medina Community Library, 589-2825.
• Bandera County Artists Association meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 1 pm at the Silver Sage Corral Senior Activities Center.
• Bingo each Wed. at Bandera American Legion Post 157 on 12th St.
• Quilt Guild, third Wednesday, Silver Sage Corral, 803 Buck Creek Blvd, at 10 am..
• Bandera County Kiwanis meets at the China Bowl, 1203 Pecan, 2nd and 4th Thursdays of every month, noon.
• Mary Jo Schaffer, Bandera County veterans' service officer, will meet with veterans from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, the last Thursday of each month at the Lakehills Annex on FM 1283. Call 830-460-1643, for appt.
• Classic car and motorcycle show; at Fatboys Sandwich Shop, SH 16 S.; 5 pm.
• Open Community Jam, Medina Community Center, free, 6 pm.
• Knights of Columbus Fish Fry; 5 pm until sold out; St. Joseph's Hall, Cedar and 7th St., Bandera; Plates are $8; dine in or take out.
• Pipe Creek VFD bingo at the firehouse on FM 1283, every Friday. Doors open at 6 pm, bingo starts at 7 pm.
• Bandera Market Day on Courthouse Square. Artists and craftsmen presenting original works and farmers selling produce, canned goods and baked goods. Non-profit organizations also have booths. 830-796-4447.
• Book Sale, first Saturday of every month - Bandera County Public Library, 505 Main St. 9:30 am - 1:30 pm.
• Lakehills Area Library book sale, 10 am.
• Farmer's Market in Medina, 9 am; Locally grown fruits and vegetables, free range eggs, jams, jellies, salsas, plants, and other local products for sale. 830-796-8337.
• Bandera Farmer's Market, in front of Sid's Barbecue on Main Street. 8.-11 am.
• Cowboys on Main - features Western Cowboy Exhibit in front of Courthouse and entertainers strolling Main Street. 1 to 4 pm. Sponsored by the Frontier Times Museum's Living History Project. No Fee.
• The New Twin Elm Rodeo, 8 pm, every Saturday except Memorial Weekend, 810 FM 470, Bandera; 210-290-5094.
• Flying L Ranch Chuck Wagon Dinner, 5:30 - 7:30 pm; BBQ, Wagon Rides, Roping Lessons, and more. Every Saturday through Labor Day; 800-292-5134.
Every third Saturday
• American Legion Auxiliary Bargain Day; 9-4; rent a table, $8; Call Phyllis at 210-897-1231 to reserve your table; Legion Post 157, Bandera.
• Classic car and motorcycle show; hosted by Texas Street Customs; on their lot next to Sonic on Main Street; 2-5 pm. Friday, March 29
• Bandera County Helping Hand charity golf tournament, Flying L Guest Ranch. Players must register by Friday, March 22 with Center Director Jesse Parks at 830-796-8300 or by email at email@example.com.
• HealthCare Bootcamp, noon & 6 pm; Schreiner University; contact Gloria Algeo via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Biker Rallies of Texas presents Thunder in the Hills; Mansfield Park; tent camping, poker run, vendors, food, field events, live bands; bike show, tattoo contest, Sunday morning church service. 21 OR OVER NO EXCEPTIONS; 409-995-0073.
• Fish Fry; by Knights of Columbus at St. Joseph's Hall, Cedar and 7th, 5 pm till it's all gone. Always on the first Friday of the month.
• Pipe Creek VFD Bingo, 7 pm.
April 5- April 20
• "Tigers Be Still" is onstage at 7:30 pm, Thursdays-Saturdays, with a 2 pm, matinee Sunday, April 7, at The Point Indoor Theatre, 120 Point Theatre Road South, in Ingram. The comedy about a recent graduate, who moves back home and gets her life back on track, features mature language and content. For tickets, call 830-367-5121 or visit www.hcaf.com.
• Gospel Jamboree, 6 pm, free. Bring the family and a finger food. Everyone welcome. Medina First Baptist Church. 830-589-2395.
• "The Downfall of a Trusting Heart" Melodrama, The Bandera Riverside Community Theater performing in the great room of the Silver Sage Community Center. Friday & Saturday - 7 pm, Sunday Matinee - 3 pm. 803 Buck Creek , Bandera. 830-688-3625. April 12
• Community Wide Medina Jam Session, 6 pm, free family event with local musicians on the second Friday of each month. Bring a covered dish, snack or dessert to share. Everyone welcome. Medina Community Center.
• Bandera Swap Meet, all day automoblie parts & collectibles & more; intersection of Polly Peak and Kings Ranch Road. Set up begins on April 12. 10 X 20 spaces available, 210-912-9256.
• "A Novel Evening" - Medina Community Library April Gala with an African novel theme. (Think Safari) Live auction, refreshments; Medina, 830-589-2825.
Saturday, April 20
• Indoor Flea Market, 9 am - 4 pm; gemstone Jewelry, collectible rocks, Pampered Chef, a variety of gift items, videos, books, household items, much more; 12th Street
Bandera American Legion Post 157; 830-796-7528.
Saturday, April 20
• Texas Street Customs Car Show; Main street next to Sonic. Show your support (as well as your car, truck, or bike); 2 - 5 pm.
Saturday, April 27
• Medina Lake VFD 52nd Anniversary BBQ, Raffle & Auction, Lakehills; begins at 11 am; raffle & auction begin at 3 pm. Call Doug Franks for more info at 210-326-8684.