Bandera and Area Calendar of Upcoming Events
• Bandera County Commissioners Court, 2nd & 4th Thurs, 10 am. 830-796-3781.
• Bandera City Council, 1st & 3rd Thurs, 6 pm. 830-460-7170.
• Bandera County River Authority and Groundwater District meets quarterly at 7 pm. Dates to be announced. 830-796-7260.
• Bandera ISD, 2nd Monday of the month. at 6:30 pm. 830-796-3313.
• Medina ISD, every 2nd Mon, 7 pm in the administration building. 830-589-2855.
• Utopia ISD, every 2nd Mon, 7:30 pm in the conference room. 830-966-3339.
• MS Support Group, every 1st Monday, 6:30 pm, Lakehills Civic Center.
• AA meetings - every night @ 8 pm and each Tue, Thurs & Sat @ noon. Behind Christ Community Church at corner of Hackberry & 14th Sts in Bandera
• The Bandera County Democratic Club meets the second Saturday of every month from 11:30 am until 2 pm at the Silver Sage Corral. Join us for a potluck lunch and interesting speakers.
• Bingo 1st & 3rd Tue of each month, LH American Legion Post 410 on PR 37.
• Boy Scout Troop 146; 7 pm at the Bandera United Methodist Church.
• Boy Scout Troop 144, meets every Tue 7 pm, Pipe Creek Presbyterian Church.
• Meditation & Book study group led by Debby Gibson every Tue, 10 am at Bandera County Library, 515 Main St. 830-460-1271.
• Obesity Support Group, every 2nd Tue, 6 pm, Bandera Library meeting room. For people who have had, or are contemplating, weight loss surgery.
• Book Club, 2nd Tue at 3 pm at the Medina Community Library, 589-2825.
• Bandera County Artists Association meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 1 pm at the Silver Sage Corral Senior Activities Center.
• Bingo each Wed. at Bandera American Legion Post 157 on 12th St.
• Quilt Guild, third Wednesday, Silver Sage Corral, 803 Buck Creek Blvd, at 10 am..
• Kiwanis meets at the China Bowl, 1203 Pecan, 2nd and 4th Thursdays of every month, noon
• Mary Jo Schaffer, Bandera County veterans' service officer, will meet with veterans from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, the last Thursday of each month at the Lakehills Annex on FM 1283. Call 830-460-1643, for appt.
• Knights of Columbus Fish Fry; 5 pm until sold out; St. Joseph's Hall, Cedar and 7th St., Bandera; Plates are $8; dine in or take out.
• Summer Buckle Series Rodeo , 8 pm, BR Lightning Ranch, 818 FM 1283, Pipe Creek; $6, free for kids 5 & under. Call Jerry to enter, 830-796-0031.
• Pipe Creek VFD bingo at the firehouse on FM 1283, every Friday. Doors open at 6 pm, bingo starts at 7 pm.
• Bandera Market Day on Courthouse Square. Artists and craftsmen presenting original works and farmers selling produce, canned goods and baked goods. Non-profit organizations also have booths. 830-796-4447.
• Book Sale, first Saturday of every month - Bandera County Public Library, 505 Main St. 9:30 am - 1:30 pm.
• Lakehills Area Library book sale, 10 am.
• Twin Elm Summer Buckle Series Rodeo , 8 pm; Twin Elm Guest Ranch, 810 FM 470; Verify schedule with the ranch, 830-796-3628.
• Farmer's Market in Medina, 9 am; Locally grown fruits and vegetables, free range eggs, jams, jellies, salsas, plants, and other local products for sale. 830-796-8337.
Bandera Farmer's Market, in front of Sid's Barbecue on Main Street. 8.-11 am.
• Cowboys on Main - features Western Cowboy Exhibit in front of Courthouse and entertainers strolling Main Street. 1 to 4 pm. Sponsored by the Frontier Times Museum's Living History Project. No Fee.
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, through Oct. 30
• Great Hill Country Pumpkin Patch ; 10am to 4 pm; with live entertainment, scarecrow building, hay maze, pumpkin painting, and more. Located on Highway 16 near Medina. 800-449-0882.
Saturday, Oct. 20
• Melissa Benge Turquoise Ball to benefit the Arthur Nagel Community Clinic; Mansfield Park Show Barn. Western Swing music of Bobby Flores and the Yellow Rose Band, unique artisan auction, and provide first class dining and dancing; Texas formal. 830-796-7803.
• Ranch Heritage Day ; Hill Country State Natural Area; 11 am to 4 pm. Free fun family event featuring ranch skills, music and stories, antique tractors, chuck wagon cooking, branding irons, horses and cattle, working dogs with sheep and goats, cover wagon rides and a giant rocking horse Little Wrangler Rodeo. Dress western if you can & bring a chair. Sponsored by park friends' group HC-SNAP. Early morning trail ride for those who bring their horses. Free camping Saturday night with a play day on Sunday. No admission fees charged. 830-796-4413.
Sunday, Oct. 21
• Bandera Music Hall of Fame 2012 Inductions ; Honors musicians who shaped Bandera's music heritage; free; Kronkosky Library on Main Street; 3-5 pm; 830-796-4213.
Saturday, Oct. 27
• In partnership with the San Antonio Food Bank, the Faith Tabernacle Food Panty will hold the third annual countywide food fair from 10 am until noon at 7789 FM 1283 in Lakehills. During those hours, vouchers will be provided to Bandera County residents. For more information, call 210-414-4875.
Saturday, Oct. 27
• Scavenger Hunt & Scenic Trail Ride; benefits Triple H Equitherapy; games, BBQ, auction and more. Call 830/510-9515 or e-mail HHHdream@aol.com.