Bandera and Area Calendar of Upcoming Events
• Bandera County Commissioners Court, 2nd & 4th Thurs, 10 am. 830-796-3781.
• Bandera City Council, 1st & 3rd Thurs, 6 pm. 830-460-7170.
• Bandera County River Authority and Groundwater District meets quarterly at 7 pm. Dates to be announced. 830-796-7260.
• Bandera ISD, 2nd Monday of the month. at 6:30 pm. 830-796-3313.
• Medina ISD, every 2nd Mon, 7 pm in the administration building. 830-589-2855.
• Utopia ISD, every 2nd Mon, 7:30 pm in the conference room. 830-966-3339.
• MS Support Group, every 1st Monday, 6:30 pm, Lakehills Civic Center.
• AA meetings - every night @ 8 pm and each Tue, Thurs & Sat @ noon. Behind Christ Community Church at corner of Hackberry & 14th Sts in Bandera
• The Bandera County Democratic Club meets the second Saturday of every month from 11:30 am until 2 pm at the Silver Sage Corral. Join us for a potluck lunch and interesting speakers.
• Bingo 1st & 3rd Tue of each month, LH American Legion Post 410 on PR 37.
• Boy Scout Troop 146; 7 pm at the Bandera United Methodist Church.
• Boy Scout Troop 144, meets every Tue 7 pm, Pipe Creek Presbyterian Church.
• Meditation & Book study group led by Debby Gibson every Tue, 10 am at Bandera County Library, 515 Main St. 830-460-1271.
• Obesity Support Group, every 2nd Tue, 6 pm, Bandera Library meeting room. For people who have had, or are contemplating, weight loss surgery.
• Book Club, 2nd Tue at 3 pm at the Medina Community Library, 589-2825.
• Bandera County Artists Association meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 1 pm at the Silver Sage Corral Senior Activities Center.
• Bingo each Wed. at Bandera American Legion Post 157 on 12th St.
• Quilt Guild, third Wednesday, Silver Sage Corral, 803 Buck Creek Blvd, at 10 am..
• Kiwanis meets at the China Bowl, 1203 Pecan, 2nd and 4th Thursdays of every month, noon
• Mary Jo Schaffer, Bandera County veterans' service officer, will meet with veterans from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, the last Thursday of each month at the Lakehills Annex on FM 1283. Call 830-460-1643, for appt.
• Knights of Columbus Fish Fry; 5 pm until sold out; St. Joseph's Hall, Cedar and 7th St., Bandera; Plates are $8; dine in or take out.
• Summer Buckle Series Rodeo , 8 pm, BR Lightning Ranch, 818 FM 1283, Pipe Creek; $6, free for kids 5 & under. Call Jerry to enter, 830-796-0031.
• Pipe Creek VFD bingo at the firehouse on FM 1283, every Friday. Doors open at 6 pm, bingo starts at 7 pm.
• Bandera Market Day on Courthouse Square. Artists and craftsmen presenting original works and farmers selling produce, canned goods and baked goods. Non-profit organizations also have booths. 830-796-4447.
• Book Sale, first Saturday of every month - Bandera County Public Library, 505 Main St. 9:30 am - 1:30 pm.
• Lakehills Area Library book sale, 10 am.
• Twin Elm Summer Buckle Series Rodeo , 8 pm; Twin Elm Guest Ranch, 810 FM 470; Verify schedule with the ranch, 830-796-3628.
• Farmer's Market in Medina, 9 am; Locally grown fruits and vegetables, free range eggs, jams, jellies, salsas, plants, and other local products for sale. 830-796-8337.
Bandera Farmer's Market, in front of Sid's Barbecue on Main Street. 8.-11 am.
• Cowboys on Main - features Western Cowboy Exhibit in front of Courthouse and entertainers strolling Main Street. 1 to 4 pm. Sponsored by the Frontier Times Museum's Living History Project. No Fee.
Saturday, Sept. 29
A photography workshop with Susan Vogel will be held from 10 am until noon at the Museum of Western Art, 1550 Bandera Highway - Highway 173 North. To register, call 830-896-2553.